Tuesday, April 17, 2007

More Needle felting

My first attempt at needle felting "in the round". I made each petal individually from red wool roving, then felted on a black roving spot. The next step was to arrange the petals and needle felt them together. I had some merino/silk knitting wool that I wound into a loose ball, then needled until it consolidated into the right shape. This was needled into position. I found that the petals were very flat and quite floppy, so I needled them together lightly until they made more of a cup shape. I am now adding beads to represent stamens. I think maybe I need a few more, and I may, or may not, try to make a leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...