Sunday, January 08, 2012

Challenge Christmas Card


Apart from the base card and the peel-off border, everything on this card is recycled; the red paper for the circle and the flowers is from a used envelope, the holly leaves were punched from the green metallic foil of a cat biscuit bag, and even the yellow in the centre of the flowers came from a used post-it note. The image oval and the sentiment are from an old Christmas card... am I thrifty, or am I in line for a "World's Meanest Hoarder Award"?

The circle was cut with a compass style circle cutter as I don't have circle Nesties and the only large circle punch I possess was not the right size. I embossed it with a Fiskars plate. I made the oval by outlining it using a gold pen and an old technical drawing stencil, then cutting it out by hand.

I am entering this in:
Hazel's CHNC 54...recycle something.
One Stop Craft Challenge....bingo line of 3 from 9 choices; I went with flowers, punches & embossing.
Papertake Weekly Challenge...anything goes with the option of the theme "New"...new year, new card, new challenge?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:53 pm

    This is so lovely; a fabulous example of what can be done with recycled bits and pieces! Love it!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card and very good recycling - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 54 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...