Monday, January 02, 2012

Heartfelt flowers


Inspired by things I have seen on Pinterest I've been having fun with felt; I made the heart as a Christmas gift for a friend, the same one as appreciated the crazy patch heart I made in 2008. That link shows a photo taken before it was finished off, but you will get the idea. The large flower shapes on this year's heart were cut using the Cuttlebug and a Sissix die, the smaller ones by hand after I tried without success to punch them with an ordinary paper punch. The leaves were made by cutting a Cuttlebug flower into sections. The beauty of working with felt is that the flowers can be attached with simple large stitches, and there is no need to worry about fraying edges. I used scraps of floss that hadn't made it into my filing system for one reason or another, but enjoyed the wild and tangled lifestyle of the plastic container of odds and sods on my cluttered work table. A little subtle bling of pearls and bronze beads, a few flower sequins and a black ribbon with a picot edge softened the bright colours, and I was happy with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...