Friday, October 17, 2008

Goodies....

No, not Blog Candy, but Totty Treats! After 16 solid hours of sewing last week, I decided that I should spend some of the dosh on completely-non-essentials for a change. There are lots of Tildas around at the moment in the Cardbloggasphere, but I decided to go for something a little more whimsical. Having seen Rachelle Ann Millar illustrations used as Blog Headings, and finding that stamps were available, I searched for a local supplier. By following a trail to the Stampavie site and then to the one and only Spanish stockist, http://www.creactividades.es/tienda/catalog/ I found not only Lily and Milo stamps, but also Inkadinkado doodle stamps, some silhouette flower stamps, and some See-d's leaf stamps. I found lots of other stamps as well, but resisted the temptation. I thought the prices were reasonable as the doodle stamps were €9.99 and I have seen the same ones on UK websites at £12.99, so they were just a little over half price. The Lily stamps were €7.45 (£5.80) no different from the UK, but the postage was much less. Creatividades gives you two postage rates to choose from; the actual postage based on the weight of the package, and a price based on the value. The more you spend the less you pay; Spend more than €75 and no p&p to pay. My postage was a reasonable €6.15, seeing as it was sent registered post, and they even emailed me with a link to the Correos website and a tracking number. I ordered on Tuesday afternoon, the package was mailed the same day, was shown in transit yesterday, and when I checked this morning, was still in transit. I checked again at 4.30, just in case, and it had arrived, so I took my newly serviced car for a test drive, and just happened to pass the post office....

1 comment:

  1. wow lovely goodies you got yourself there Toots,and very well deserved they are too!! Great service huh?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...