Friday, November 07, 2008
A Work in Progress
I've been sorting out a bin bag full of wool that has been in the top of the wardrobe for ages, and thought I would do something with all the odd balls of mohair that I collected back in the '80s. There are no two the same colour and they are from three different manufacturers, but all are about the same weight. I'm using a 7mm circular needle, and a very easy garter stitch ripple pattern, putting 6 rows of one colour followed by two rows of another. I have used some oddments for many of the two row sections. I've first used all the pinky/mauvey colours, then used an ombre green to brown to lead into the centre section that is shades of brown and tan. I'm now using a grey/green/tan combination with stripes of bright green, and I have a ball of vanilla to tale off with. It is easy knitting and is already long enough to keep my legs warm as I knit. It is very light and very warm, and destined as a kneewarmer for Bossman, or a draught excluder for me as I sit at the computer. There is no way that Charlie is going to continue using it to pad on!