Saturday, February 07, 2009

I have not been idle...


....even if I haven't blogged every day. My evenings have been spent knitting socks, and here are the results; the top striped pair were knitted in the traditional method, top down, using Regia sock wool brought over by DD2. I say traditional, but I did use the two-socks-on-one-magic-loop method. The lower pair were knitted in my preferred toe-up way, using the left over self striping wool and some grey marl that matched the grey of the stripes. Instead of the short row heel, though, I tried the round heel method thatI found on socknitters.com. I think I prefer it, as it is much better fitting than the short row method, and not baggy at all. It also allows for Sl.1, K1. for better wear. I have photographed them before I block them because chances are that if I waited, I would forget to do it at all!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:41 pm

    you have been busy Toots!! Lovely and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....oh Totty....you have been busy - nice bright colours and you have a lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the socks Totty.. Could do with a pair of them now... My feet are freezing... lol....

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...